Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1anhídrido carbónico masculinebióxido de carbono masculinedióxido de carbono masculineto reduce carbon dioxide emissions — disminuir las emisiones de anhídrido / bióxido / dióxido de carbono
- This fixed air is carbon dioxide, into which carbonates decompose when heated.
- For example, plants give out oxygen and animals expel carbon dioxide and methane.
- This difference makes it possible for organisms to build up carbon compounds from carbon dioxide.
- It does not produce any more carbon dioxide than the methane that we already have.
- It is the only beer in which carbon dioxide and nitrogen are present.
- Air is made up of three main types of gases: oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen.
- The carbon dioxide absorbed by the rape seed plants as they grow compensates for that produced when it burns.
- Partial pressures of ethylene and carbon dioxide were checked regularly during the treatments.
- These can be used to tackle climate change by absorbing carbon dioxide, and also as a replacement for mineral oil.
- Because we would be producing alcohol instead of carbon dioxide and lactic acid whenever we respired.
- If carbon dioxide is not absorbed in sufficient quantities, this will make global temperatures rise.
- When carbon dioxide from the air combines with rainwater, a weak carbonic acid is formed.
- So one huge mountain of this stuff in every mine and it's absorbing carbon dioxide.
- The second mechanism is keeping the already produced carbon dioxide through correct breathing.
- Thus in severe exercise we exhale more carbon dioxide than the oxygen we absorb.
- It also accounts for over a quarter of a million tonnes of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas.
- Normally wine is protected from air during fermentation by the blanket of carbon dioxide produced.
- When harmful gases like carbon dioxide are released into the atmosphere they form a dense layer around the earth.
- A surprise inspection by the EPA found that we were releasing too much carbon dioxide into the air.
- Using energy, mainly by burning fossil fuels, produces waste carbon dioxide.