Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- A compound known as silicon carbide, also known as carborundum, is one of the hardest substances known.
- Control plants were also dusted with carborundum and mock inoculated with a sample volume of potassium phosphate buffer.
- Before inoculating, 600-mesh carborundum was dusted on the leaves.
- The upper epidermis of the leaf was abraded with carborundum.
- Surfaces can be smoothed down by rasps, files, and rifflers or by carborundum and emery, and the addition of water avoids a build-up of dust.