Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Large artiodactyls such as the caribou inhabit subarctic forests.
- In such a vast park there are only a few hundreds of wild animals which include the jackal, the fox, the dall sheep, the caribou and the moose.
- Scientists say the decline of the Porcupine caribou herd in Alaska and the Yukon may be linked to global warming.
- The cervids include deer and their allies, including familiar moose, elk, and caribou.
- It seems like warmer temperatures should come as welcome relief to the caribou that roam the harsh lands of Alaska.
- The antlers of the Peary caribou grow swiftly each year, and may double the height of an adult male before growth ends in the fall.
- In May and early June the coastal plain serves as the principal calving ground for the Porcupine herd of caribou.
- They have been known to kill animals as large as caribou and mountain goats.
- The journey takes you to Denali, travelling deep into the natural habitat of bears, moose, caribou and wolves.
- There are also caribou, wolves, walruses, polar bears and beluga whales.
- The Finnish reindeer does not show the typical migratory behaviour seen in wild reindeer and caribou.
- The caribou had returned and the wolves were now released from the famine.
- When there is a loss of habitat, the woodland caribou becomes a prime target for wolves that gorge on their plentiful prey.
- Mammals, like reindeer and caribou are known to travel many miles in search of food in the cold winter months.
- The area over which the caribou were sampled would become important to avoid a geographic variation effect.
- On the north side of the lake [Great Slave Lake] by McKinley Point the caribou are really skinny.
- Records of where hunters harvested their caribou are crucial to account for geographic variation.
- They had all gotten up before me and had already brought down a caribou.
- In caribou, kidney mass is known to fluctuate through time as a function of reproductive status.
- Most of the caribou fanned out in an easterly direction, but two individuals moved south.