The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Unless there is more public support the annual carnival procession in Marlborough could disappear.
- Devizes was alive with colour and music as the carnival procession wound its way through the town on Saturday.
- Each year the carnival procession parades through the centre of Calne starting from the Porte Marsh Industrial Estate.
- All eyes were on the sky over Pewsey on Saturday as rain poured down just hours before the annual carnival parade was due to start.
- Youngsters dressed up and filled the streets of Guiseley for the annual carnival parade at the weekend.
- Later in the afternoon the golden jubilee festival carnival and procession takes place in The Mall.
- Bromham was awash with colourful floats and costumes as residents celebrated in the carnival procession on Saturday.
- The village will be busy with range of events, culminating with the carnival fête and procession on June 26.
- There was a real party atmosphere in Melksham at the weekend as the town celebrated its annual carnival.
- The sun also came out as the procession of floats wound its way to the carnival field and then paraded through the town on Saturday.
- The festival will begin with a carnival parade setting off from Main Road.
- More than 3000 men, women, children and dogs joined the carnival procession as it weaved through Edinburgh's city centre.
- Threatening storms stayed away until the end of the carnival procession when those on the floats and spectators heading home were drenched.
- On Saturday, September 4, the carnival procession will leave from the Green at 6pm.
- Dragons, banners, large flowers and other willow objects will be created in the workshops to use in the carnival procession.
- Thousands of visitors are expected to head for Devizes on Monday for the free carnival street festival
- The boxes will be used to collect cash for charities and organisations taking part in the carnival procession.
- Festival fever will hit Durrow this August Bank Holiday weekend when the annual carnival takes place.
- The August bank holiday weekend will see Durrow host its annual carnival.
- The town of Binche is famous for its carnival festivities in the weeks before Lent.
2US(traveling fair)feria ambulante feminine
- As a result, Truzzi was intrigued by magic, juggling, sideshows, carnivals, and circuses.
- In the back of the book was a section about the foods invented at fairs, circuses and carnivals.
- Zoos have been around for hundreds of years, the first ones being like freak shows attached to carnivals and circuses.
- Ever noticed the remarkable similarity between these fairs and traveling roadside carnivals.
- As an eager visitor to amusement parks, theme parks, carnivals, and state fairs of all magnitude, I was used to all manners of muzak being piped to all corners of the festival grounds.
- He later returned to England, where in poverty he was forced to sell his tattooed face in a travelling carnival.
- After all they have been used to host carnivals and circuses.
- A true oddity, it's a film about some twisted racketeers involved with a travelling carnival.
- It was a different business then, more of a travelling carnival, and he didn't encourage his son.
- In fact, the church has never been able to compete with the carnival or circus in delivering fun to the folks in the pew.
- You know, there's one of those travelling carnivals coming to town this weekend, and he said he would take me.
- It conjures up old reveries of carnivals and roadside zoos, sideshows and state fairs - huge tents fetid with the sweet stench of anticipation.
- One young woman described spending several years traveling intermittently with various carnivals.
- Mom's favorite brother, Uncle George, arrives in town with his traveling carnival.
- In the case of carnivals, world fairs, and freak shows, the promotion of human oddities relied on meticulously crafted public personas.
- He has had a varied employment history including factory work and a job travelling with a carnival.
- At various times he has told us that he ran away from school to join a carnival, was descended from Sioux Indians, was an orphan and had been a hobo.
- Diane Arbus traveled about, seeking out the inhabitants of carnivals, nudist camps, and mental hospitals and asking them to look straight into her camera.
- Mark Svenvold has retraced McCurdy's life, death and eventful afterlife in a fascinating tale of the macabre under-belly of American sideshows and carnivals.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!