Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1also carob treealgarrobo masculine
2also carob beanalgarroba feminine
sucedáneo de chocolate hecho de algarrobas(confection)
- Fortunately the redoubtable Ms. Hillary is not diabetic, as chocolates are high on the prohibited list, as are the so-called ‘diabetic’ chocolates or the chocolate substitute carob.
- Add extras such as carob or malted milk powder to impart a gourmet flavor to your concoctions.
- One brand of homemade ice-cream has chunks of salt and carob instead of proper chocolate.
- Honey and fresh fruit are ok in small amounts and carob not chocolate, also soy yoghurt not ice cream.
- I have heard that carob is a healthy substitute for chocolate.
- Or give out individually wrapped cookies and candies made with carob instead of chocolate and sweetened with fruit juice rather than refined sugar.
- Hand-made from natural ingredients, treat flavours include peanut butter, liver, honey and vanilla and carob.
- And, save for hard, stale cookies and bars in health food stores, carob was scarce outside my own kitchen.
- All over the two islands, locals sell honey and carob and jam jars full of capers.
- This herbal coffee is made from a blend of herbs, grains, fruits and nuts like chicory root, roasted carob and figs.