Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Palpation of the carotids, thyroid or abdominal organs was impossible.
- The ancients knew that pressure on the carotids could put someone to ‘sleep’ sometimes permanently.
- From the aorta these bubbles would have gone straight up the carotids to her brain.
- You can check your pulse over your carotid or radial artery.
- Strangles place direct pressure on both the carotid and vertebral arteries.
- The patients were also given an ultrasound scan of their carotid arteries.
- The transverse facial artery may arise directly from the external carotid artery.
- She laughed as she jammed a thumb into his carotid and he went limp in her hands.