The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of zanahoria
1Botany Cookingzanahoria feminine
- Besides carrots, other root vegetables include turnips, parsnips, radishes, beets and rutabagas.
- The accompanying vegetables, peas, carrots and broccoli disappointed a little because they seemed to be overcooked.
- It came with seasonal vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, new potatoes and sliced courgettes.
- The vegetables, a collection of boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli, courgette and tomato, were well cooked.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove colorful strips from squash, carrots or zucchini and sprinkle them on a plain-looking entrée.
- While liver is the best source of vitamin A, excellent vegetable sources are carrots, cabbage and broccoli.
- You just brown the meatballs, then add some vegetables, like grated carrot, some more onion, a bit of finely chopped celery, capsicum, whatever.
- And if you don't have the time to slice your own cucumber or red pepper, it's easier than ever to grab a bag of baby carrots or sugar snap peas or some salad bar veggies.
- On the side was a dish of crispy roast potatoes and mixed vegetables - carrots, mange tout, leeks and aubergine, drizzled in oil and still maintaining their bite.
- As carotene, it is found in green vegetables, carrots and yellow/orange fruits such as peaches.
- Dr. Lanou suggests eating sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, carrots and other vegetables that are agreeable to almost everyone.
- Cut-up onions, Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, green beans, snap peas and cherry tomatoes are all good candidates.
- All our dishes came with tureens of roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and green beans tossed with bacon bits.
- The vegetable idli has carrots and beans in it to improve its taste and appearance.
- The meals came served with two dishes of vegetables to share, one of broccoli, carrots, and courgettes with a tomato sauce, and one of sliced potato in a light white sauce, which all tasted fresh.
- Sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots and apricots are just a few of the foods rich in vitamin A.
- Add broccoli, carrots and green onions and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Fruits and vegetables include onions, carrots, plums, pears, grapes, apricots, and all kinds of melons and squashes.
- The vegetables include creamed cauliflower, mashed potato, roast potato, carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- Derek had made grilled cheese on his signature sourdough and vegetable stir-fry with carrots, broccoli, parsnips and burdock!
- Once grown, the plants are difficult to transplant because of their long taproots - parsley is in the carrot family.
- The hand weeding can be combined with thinning in the case of the vegetables that require it, such as lettuce, carrots and Florence fennel.
- In addition, biennial weeds such as musk thistle, wild carrot, and burdock should be eliminated before establishing forage.
- Plant seeds of beets, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, radishes, and turnips.
- Middle to late August is a good time to plant carrots, beets, snap beans and lettuce.
- Make successional sowings of beetroot, carrots, lettuce, radish and turnips.
- Phytoestrogens are found in plants, like carrots and broccoli and spinach, and limit the effect of estrogen on the body.
- Sow peas, carrots, cabbages and broccoli in the vegetable plot.
- When we moved out of the town to a house which wasn't even in a village, my Dad grew lots of his own vegetables - potatoes, carrots, beans etc.
- The club has grown a wide variety of vegetables and herbs including carrots, Brussels sprouts and beetroot, as well as tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse.
- He'll sow broccoli, cauliflower and carrots directly into prepared garden soil in September.
2(incentive)incentivo masculinea carrot-and-stick policy — una política de incentivos y amenazas
- We then asked ourselves which approach was actually preferable to persuade them: the carrot or the stick?
- For juveniles in this category, the Youth Drug Court Program offers both a carrot and a stick.
- I do support a carrot and a stick approach, in terms of encouraging firstly, more healthy lifestyles and more healthy living.
- On the economic front, it can offer stick and carrot.
- This deal would offer big carrots and threaten a big stick.
- It's a balancing act though because if the incentives are too generous, they could undermine the carrots being offered for GPs to work in the country.
- The point is, you must approach it with the carrot and the stick.
- The minister warned yesterday a carrot and stick approach may be needed to change the mindset of many leisure craft operators and users.
- Can't get your head around the old carrot and stick approach, John?
- However, a carrot and stick approach to traffic management doesn't work if only the stick is employed.
- Most schools use a carrot and stick approach and we think this is the best way to do it.
- But society uses both carrots and sticks to encourage parents to provide continuity of care.
- Obviously, tensions are on the upswing here, but how do we balance between a carrot and a stick approach?
- The fourth variant of coercive diplomacy is the carrot and stick approach.
- There need to be carrots not just sticks if people are to be persuaded to leave their car at home.
- This will cost more than the government would like, which is why we are being offered the carrot of a salary increase to accept the status quo.
- The carrot being offered was special excise tax, but it was not enough.
- Chile has been offered the carrot of a more favourable free trade agreement.
- When you have to offer a huge carrot to those who are supposed to obey you, something has to be wrong.
- American officials say they prefer a carrot rather than a stick approach.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!