Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(invariable adjective) (de) color zanahoria
- A tall, thin rake of a Wearsider with carroty hair and a ginger moustache, he is a man who clearly loves his job.
- Also, rather tragically, she was cursed with carroty orange hair and freckles.
- Even for those not aware that it refers originally to Vivaldi and his carroty hair, there is the vaguely sinister implication of subversive politics at work.
- His most distinguishable feature was his mop of carroty hair.
- She was a scatty woman with flyaway wisps of carroty hair.
- I can almost feel my carroty skin loosening at the thought…
- He had a fistful of my carroty locks and he seemed to be examining them very closely.