Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(for gun)cartucho masculine
- Among the ammunition were shotgun cartridges and dum-dum bullets.
- She said authorities also found in the car automatic rifles, bullet cartridges, plastic explosives and other materials.
- The hand gun carried by the first man was a Webley revolver adapted to fire shot gun cartridges.
- Soldiers gripped the ball end in their teeth and tore it off the top of the cartridge; the charge was then poured, the paper used as a wad to pack it down, and the ball seated on top with the ramrod.
- He has admitted possessing 298 9mm bullet cartridges without a firearm certificate.
- We found some bullets and a shotgun cartridge within a jam jar, which was inside the bag.
- For the first couple of weeks I dug up nothing but shot gun cartridges and buttons and then I found a Charles I shilling and I was hooked.
- There was no mention of the shot gun cartridges.
- The more unusual ways of scattering ashes include packing them into fireworks which are then fired into the sky and putting ashes in shotgun cartridges to be blasted away.
- Examine the unfired cartridge and if the bullet is still where it started out, all is well.
- The honest concern is about airborne lead ejected by the primer and bullet when a cartridge is fired.
- This feature prevents damage to bullet noses as the cartridge is chambered.
- Examine your shells and cartridges closely and use only the precise caliber or gauge for your specific firearm.
- Other ways exist to link cartridges and bullets to a specific weapon.
- Police found bullets and spent cartridges at the scene and believe a 9mm automatic pistol was used.
- There were bullets and laser cartridges in the crate.
- Kyle cursed himself as he fumbled with bullets and cartridges.
- Several spent cartridges and bullets were found outside and inside the premises.
- Dante gripped the bullet cartridge and yanked it out.
- Sarai picked it up and emptied the bullets from the cartridge.
2(for record player)cápsula feminine
3(container)(of tape) cartucho masculine(of typewriter ribbon, film) carrete masculine
- Super8 film cartridges are available from good photographic stores for about £12 which thankfully includes processing.
- Cassette doors can break off, spring mechanisms inside cartridges can be dislodged, or the entire tape cabinet may break apart.
- The packaging apparatus is relatively simple in structure because it has no mechanisms for rotating the film cartridge and the case.
- The ink cartridges were not designed to be refilled; anyone who chooses to use a refill kit also runs the risk of damaging the cartridge in the process.
- The activated charcoal is normally packaged in filter cartridges that are inserted into the purification device.
- He was loading cartridges, rolling the film on and flicking them out rather quickly.
- They would grill engineers about toner cartridges and design.
- The game cartridges you bought contained the exact same ROM-chips found in the arcade versions.
- This includes a cartridge containing methanol that is diluted to a 20 percent to 30 percent concentration to produce power in the fuel cell.
- Larkin said he originally designed the cartridge using flash memory, but was concerned about the limited times the memory could be written and rewritten.
- The proper respirator with a cartridge designed to filter lead should be worn when stripping, sanding, or scraping.
- Because the ribbon, unlike an ink cartridge, is designed to print a fixed number of images, you know your costs in advance.
- When she went in her box to get the cartridge of film, she saw another roll.
- While third party suppliers claimed that these chips made it difficult to supply replacement cartridges, the EU ruling was designed to make cartridges easier to recycle.
- In the late 1990s, multiple tape cartridges were required to contain the contents of a single disk drive.
- What is the potential impact of not being able to recover data from a tape cartridge that contains critical data?
- The cartridges contain a cleaning fluid used in the clean and charge centre on an electric razor.
- Re-manufactured laser cartridges contain high quality components and toners which yield outstanding results for printing so print quality is of a very high standard.
- Both these articles mention the possibility of refueling on the fly: inserting a new cartridge of fuel into the fuel cell without needing to power down your laptop or PDA.
- I duct taped the overflow drain on the sink, and inserted a CO2 cartridge into the drain cleaning unit.
4(for pen)cartucho masculine