Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(carved object)talla feminineescultura feminine
- Gilded statues and carvings adorn the walls and pilgrims come from far and wide.
- Acquiring one for the exhibition was especially important as the carvings are masterpieces of the Palace Museum.
- It was made of stone, and it had carvings of sea creatures carved into the front door.
- Scholars believe that these carvings were designed for export to Europe.
- It is a room dense with ornamentation, small sculptures and carvings.
- Wooden carvings of birds hang upside down from a set of wires stretched along the low ceiling.
- The gilded wooden carvings around the windows had turned brown, but now they gleam.
- Nigerian folk art ranges from ivory carvings to body painting to wall decoration.
- Their exhibition features traditional and contemporary Pacific art and carvings.
- They're best known for their rock art carvings most of which is Pictish and dates from the fourth century.
- The door was engraved with carvings of dead and live roses with long stems and sharp thorns.
- Every corner was adorned with precious wooden and granite carvings mounted on ornate pedestals.
- Rare paintings, frescoes and stone carvings present a marvellous panorama to the visitor.
- Various artists had also exhibited their paintings and miniature carvings.
- Bulls are found in stone carvings as well as in the prehistoric cave paintings of the region.
- Master craftsmen built some Welsh churches, and these may well have been adorned with ornate wooden carvings.
- The walls are dark wood and carvings are etched carefully into posts set around the room.
- The carvings stem from the Byzantine period and apparently were made by monks in the fourth or fifth century.
- On the Southern gateway elaborate carvings showing the birth of Gautama Buddha took my breath away.
- Aborigines originally used the gnarled trunks and roots of local camphor trees as a base for their carvings.
2(carved work)tallado masculine