Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1pasacintas masculinecassette masculine Spainpasacassettes masculine River Platetocacassettes masculine Chile
- This car was to automobiles what the cassette player was to sound systems: not ancient, but not terribly popular, either.
- Another coroner bought a cassette player to record court hearings from a car boot sale.
- She said: ‘We produce a simple tape recording, and all they need is a cassette player.’
- A councillor brought in a television set with a video cassette player and insisted that he be allowed to play the tapes to reveal the ‘pathetic civic conditions’ prevailing in his ward.
- Having a snack and some caffeinated beverage can help, as can listening to music or a good ‘book on tape’ on a head-set cassette player.
- Half-awake in a Florida hotel, he recorded the famous guitar lick onto a cassette player beside his bed.
- As I slid the first tape into the cassette player, I was hesitant because I was unsure of what to expect from the narrator and was fearful that the narration would make the experience of listening to the story difficult.
- He hadn't noticed before that the tape in the cassette player had come to an end and the cab was almost fittingly silent.
- He grinned widely to himself and sang along to the tape in the cassette player.
- In buses, taxis, restaurants, and bars, there is almost always a radio or a cassette player providing background music.
- It is only while working at home or travelling by car that she turns on the radio or the cassette player for some kind of music.
- It's got to the point where I'm recording from CD on to tape and driving around with a cassette player in the car.
- Now my cassette player has been taken away so I have lost the last bit of distraction and entertainment I had.
- Others sprint off to bring treasures for the strange foreigner's approval: a battered cassette player, and an old wrist watch whose face is so badly cracked that reading the time is impossible.
- If you're a music-lover with a sizeable stack of albums, a cassette player and a tendency towards nerdy and mildly obsessive behaviour, chances are you've made a mix tape.
- ‘It was playing on a tinny cassette player, yet there was something so atmospheric about the quality of music in this room,’ he explains.
- She just turned up the volume on her cassette player.
- The radio incorporates a front mounted six-CD unit in addition to a cassette player, and it gave top class reception.
- I used to take in my cassette player and listen to music.
- As he popped his head round the garden gate to see what was going on, a man carrying a screw driver and holding a stereo cassette player under his armed walked past.