Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- For the first experiment, he selected a psychotic man with catatonic schizophrenia who had required intensive nursing care for four years and had little likelihood of recovery.
- There are five subtypes of schizophrenia which may be noted: paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual.
- Acute and catatonic forms of the illness were more prevalent in developing countries, whereas hebephrenic and chronic forms were more frequently seen in developed countries.
- Symptoms often began as a cataleptic state with catatonic rigidity.
- There can be psychotic features, catatonic features, or postpartum onset.