Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in baseball)catcher masculine, femininereceptor masculinereceptora feminine
- He swings and misses a third strike on a pitch that bounces at the catcher's feet and rolls behind him.
- A wild pitch is when the catcher misses it - if a man is on base he can easily steal a base, maybe two.
- He is one of the best defensive catchers in baseball, but he has had hitting problems, especially against left-handers.
- If he had such catchers to help him, he might, by now, have taken 600 Test wickets himself.
- Actually the bowler and catcher do tend to meet up after getting a wicket and congratulate each other.