The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de oruga
1Zoologíaoruga femeninoazotador masculino Méxicocuncuna femenino Chile
- For much of the year, most birds feed primarily on insects - everything from caterpillars to mosquitoes, aphids, and mites.
- There are more caterpillars and other insects, which are important foods for several types of birds living in the forest understory, in thinned stands that encourage more hardwood shrubs.
- Children collect termite, snails, and the caterpillars of several insects.
- In a related study Clay and his colleagues will examine how the cicadas influence the ecological relationship between insect-eating birds and caterpillars.
- The wasp is skilled in killing its prey which include all types of insects, spiders, flies, caterpillars even the large blue bottle which it dewings, strips it of its legs and then carries the trunk back to the nest.
- A host of other insects visit backyard orchards - various caterpillars, pear slugs, and leafhoppers to name a few.
- Not only are their food plants uprooted and poisoned to make way for crops and homes; the caterpillars are also victims of insecticides intended for crop-eating caterpillars.
- When we talk about pests in the garden, we generally mean things like aphids, caterpillars and rabbits that we can see and deal with appropriately.
- Some caterpillars will crawl to the ground and burrow into a hole, giving the parasitoids a safe refuge for the winter.
- A caterpillar is the larva of a butterfly or moth (or, loosely, of various other insects) A grub is the larva of a beetle, but this term too is used loosely.
- Flying to several sites to deposit eggs is a strategy used by all moths and butterflies whose caterpillars must hide from predators.
- Yet Crawley cautions that the crops his team examined had been engineered to resist herbicides, moth and butterfly caterpillars, and perhaps those qualities didn't matter much in the wild.
- The children compared one state of growth to another as the larvae became caterpillars, then butterflies.
- For example, some moth caterpillars overwinter on exposed ridges.
- Many familiar animals have a larval form: caterpillars turn into butterflies, and tadpoles into frogs.
- We found that these pads, if placed too close to prickly pears infected by Cactoblastis, would soon be discovered by the moths and eaten by caterpillars.
- The ants are duped by chemicals into accepting, nurturing, and protecting the butterfly caterpillar as one of their own.
- Continue to check for cabbage-white butterfly caterpillars and remove, bag and bin any affected leaves.
- How can I tell when diamondback moth caterpillars are damaging my cabbage?
- The larvae of the painted lady butterfly - the thistle caterpillar - have been drawing a large amount of attention from anyone who has observed Canada thistle patches this spring.
- The caterpillars of the gypsy moth are destructive defoliators that feed primarily on oak trees causing growth loss, crown dieback, and tree mortality.
- He says that the caterpillars are ermine moths, which weave silk tents over bird cherry and other fruit trees.
- Before the adult butterfly emerges from its caterpillar, it must crawl out of its skin about five times before changing into a pupa.
- These pests are almost certainly the caterpillars of the codling moth.
- Remember when you saw an earthworm poke itself out of the ground and the caterpillar eating your mother's parsley.
- Beds of nettles are slashed to the ground when the caterpillars of red admiral and other butterflies are hatching for next year's generation.
- In the animal world look how a caterpillar passes into a form of sleep and a little later a butterfly is formed.
- A Black-throated Green Warbler dropped into view, a tiny green caterpillar grasped in the vise of his slender bill.
- About two to three weeks after the female butterfly lays her eggs on a plant, the larval caterpillars drop to the ground.
- Mark's passion for peculiar pets started when he collected caterpillars, beetles and scorpions as a child.
2.1also caterpillar trackMilitar Transporteoruga femenino
2.2Caterpillar, Caterpillar tractorAgricultura
Marca registradaoruga femenino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!