Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural catfish, plural catfishes
1siluro masculinebagre masculine
- The presence of year-round rivers also provides Iraq with freshwater fish such as catfish and members of the genus Barbus.
- Other fishes, such as catfishes and burbots, probably eat the young shovelnose sturgeons.
- Especially well adapted to low or nonexistent light levels are several new species of electric fishes and catfishes.
- Use the spear for nabbing medium-size freshwater fish like bass and catfish, or ocean fish such as grouper and flounder.
- Many of you will probably be thinking of going over to Spain to sample the carp fishing or to pursue catfish or perhaps even the various barbel forms.