Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(broad, comprehensive)liberal(tastes/interests) amplio y variadohe's catholic in his choice of books — lee libros de toda índole / de la más variada índole
1católicothe (Roman) Catholic Church — la iglesia católica (apostólica romana)
- One reason, no doubt, was the Oxford Movement and its revival of Catholic practice.
- Actually they seem to argue more accurately for certain heresies than they do for the Catholic doctrines.
- Moreover, far from being a heretic, he loyally endorsed the essentials of Catholic doctrine.
- Plus, historical evidence shows that the Catholic church did at least appoint women as deacons between the third and ninth centuries.
- So also, in Catholic and Orthodox Christianity is the image of the Mother and Child.
- The two principles that guided his life and career were a deep Catholic faith and Catalan nationalism.
- Believing in the authenticity of such apparitions is not even a requirement of Catholic faith.
- Since 1854, the immaculate conception has been an essential dogma of the Catholic faith.
- For what Galileo did next was to set out at great length his arguments that the Catholic faith should not in any way depend on facts of science.
- It is indisputable that Catholic education is rooted in a faith community.
- With or without the pope, the catholic universities go on training young theologians.
- Would the Huguenot Bourbon family, if successful, tolerate a catholic monarchy?
- Archbishop Cullen then presided over a committee to set up a catholic university.
- The funeral was a Catholic Requiem Mass, but the variety of groups of Philip's friends made the event anything but catholic.
- It was used to teach catholic children the truths of their religion when that religion was suppressed in England.
- School pupils were put to the taste test when TV chef Peter Vaughan visited St Augustine's catholic college.
- The review was being conducted in seven regional zones, plus another concentrating on catholic schools.
- In high school, there was a series of talks on various social issues given to us by devoutly catholic speakers.
- I was born and raised catholic, but I was always uneasy with my catholic education.
- Some catholic priests will allow mixed marriages and some won't.
- He had been briefly married to Mary, Queen of Scots, who was herself ardently catholic and influenced by the Guise family.
- I owe all of my successes to one Catholic priest and to Christ, who inspired him.
- Elaborate meals are served on Christmas Eve by Catholic families who attend midnight Mass.
- Protestant Christianity rejects the cult of the saints so crucial to medieval and modern Catholic Christianity.
- To the extent this is true, it is a betrayal of the universal and catholic mission of Orthodoxy.
1católico masculinecatólica feminine