Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(seams/hull) Nautical calafatear(cracks/joints) enmasillar
- Within two minutes of ordering appetizers, our party was inundated with marshmallow-size gnocchi and enough gooey risottos to caulk a ship.
- Eventually, the museum will caulk and paint Surprise to make her seaworthy.
- The obscure gray water is dotted with fishing boats, which brush the calm surface, each caulked with a paste of alchemical silvers.
- By the beginning of December Challenger was newly rigged, freshly caulked and painted, and fitted with a new deck house for the comfort of the Scientifics.
- At Brooker Creek Elementary School, plant operators were caulking the seams left when aluminum awnings over the doors were ripped away from several portable classrooms.
- The seams were caulked with tow, which I procured from untwisted ropes.
- You should plug and caulk holes or penetrations for faucets, pipes, electric outlets, and wiring.
- Walk around the outside of your home or apartment, and slowly examine the windows, doors, siding, water faucets and any other through-the-wall openings. Any such cracks or openings should be caulked and sealed.
- In the bathroom: Shower doors should be caulked and sealed properly to prevent leaking.
- Seal the cracks with caulking and then apply a good coat or two of paint.
- Be sure there is a tightly caulked seal around the edge of the storm windows.
- This must be carefully and completely caulked to seal it against energy loss.
- If your home has a stucco exterior, caulk any cracks.
- Check the roof vents and access hatch, and caulk any cracks where flashing meets the roof line.
- The joints should be caulked to prevent leaks, and the hangers should be secure to the fascia.
- ‘We had seen impressions of these vertical wooden planks in Roman concrete, and wondered if the cracks between planks had to be caulked to prevent concrete leakage,’ he said.
- Even if you think the crack is too small, caulk it anyway.
- Weatherstrip and caulk around windows, and seal all cracks and crevices.
- So they fastened boards on either side of the banister and caulked and painted to fill in.
- Seal the finishing material well with tile grout, and caulk all the joints to prevent water damage.
- Then something banged against the inside wall where Dennis was caulking.
- I cleaned rooms, laundered bedding, caulked around storm windows, shoveled snow, and rented rooms to travelers and lovers.
- We suggest you also caulk around each hole to prevent water from creeping in and rotting the siding.
- Let's face it, if you want to get those energy bills down this winter, you may need to do more than just caulk and weather strip.