Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The cavern is a natural cave carved into the rock by the sea, and widened into an underground canal by human hands.
- Our group spent a whirlwind two days diving the islands and experienced the full gamut of the caverns, caves and reefs that make up the Poor Knights experience.
- Dominated by the spectacular natural arch called the Azure Window, its caves and caverns are among the most scenic dives I have encountered.
- While caves and caverns are characteristic features of karst areas, not all karst areas have caves.
- One or two small tunnels also exist within the walls, leading perhaps to other caverns or cave complexes, or to nowhere at all.
- What drew these artists into sunless caverns and tunnels sometimes less than a metre high has been the subject of vigorous argument.
- Further down the cavern is the St. Joseph's Cave, where Joseph had a dream in which an angel warned him to flee to Egypt.
- Tunnels and caverns deep below the snowy-white building were the safest place for storing valuables.
- We can't wait to go back and see one of the other four caverns, Blue John Cavern but we need to give the legs a rest first!
- Today, it is a hollow cavern offering a grim sanctuary for families displaced by their country's unending war.
- As you move further into the cave there's a smaller cavern off to the right where you can see graffiti that dates back to the 16th century.
- It boasts a cavern and a shaft for certified cave divers, although anyone is permitted to snorkel and free dive the site.
- Yesterday these tunnels and caverns had seemed wonderful, but now the walls felt stifling and oppressive.
- We are guided on this dive by Morne, a veteran of the lake who seems to have an uncanny knowledge of where all the best caverns and hollows are located.
- The far end of the cavern narrowed into another tunnel, and they ran for it.
- The challenge was to abseil through a vertical fissure, with lights off, into a large underground cavern.
- "Sounds like water, " Thaniel replied as they entered a large cavern.
- Through the tunnels we went, until we entered a large cavern.
- I feel like I am shouting into a huge empty cavern.
- I found myself alone, standing at the entrance to a yawning limestone cavern, dazzled by dawning sunlight.