Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1violoncelo masculineviolonchelo masculinechelo masculine
- On this recording, there are nine violins, three violas, three cellos, a double bass, one flute, three oboes, one bassoon, three trumpets, a set of timpani, and a harpsichord.
- The Mayo Strings is an all-string orchestra - violins, violas, cellos and double bass - based in Castlebar, but including players from around the county.
- It was the composers of the late 18th century who created the precursor of the modern orchestra based on a more standardized string group of two violin parts, violas, cellos, and double bass, still with a keyboard continuo.
- It consists of a bass line only, which is to be played on instruments such as the cello, viola de gamba, double-bass or bassoon.
- Perversely, the massed violins, violas and cellos can sometimes sound uncannily like a lone synthesiser.
- Orchestral openings build over time into driving rock anthems; violins and cellos give way to guitars and basses.
- Music students ranging in ages from four to 18 took part in the protest and carried with them their instruments ranging from violins, cellos and clarinets to flutes and guitars.
- Up to a dozen of these particular clamps would be used when gluing up the body of a cello or a bass viol.
- The dedication required to master a stringed instrument such as the cello or violin is no small consideration.
- Although his work makes good use of electronics, Ayres actually focuses his attention on his classical background and bases his compositions on processed sounds sourced from cellos, violins and pianos.
- Two thirds of the children had some musical experience and those with orchestral skills played violins, clarinets, cellos, flutes and saxophones.
- Live cello and double bass were essential components of their performance.
- Benjamin Hudson, the solo violinist in the Haydn concerto that opened the evening, splendidly carried forward the tragic final interplay between violins and cellos.
- I once tried to write a string quartet that eliminated violins completely - two violas and two cellos - before my professor made me revise it for the standard combo in the name of greater color variation.
- When he died in 1992, Cage had not completed One, which apparently was scored for cello with three prerecorded cellos.
- We also have access to other instruments, including cor anglais, bass clarinet, cello, organ and voice.
- In the 1812 Overture, Karajan has a famous Russian choir intone the Russian Orthodox hymn normally given to violas and cellos.
- For me, the violin and the cello sonatas share many of the glories of that cycle.
- The melody slid smoothly along, minor chords predominating, building on a soft, tentative base of gentle violins and cellos.
- More than 250 years after his death, Antonio Stradivari's violins and cellos are the best in the world.