Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Some patients present with congestive heart failure, stroke or a severe localized infection such as pneumonia, cellulitis or septic arthritis.
- Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.
- Infections such as mastitis and cellulitis tend to be erythematous, tender, and warm to the touch; they may be more circumscribed if an abscess has formed.
- For instance, periorbital edema with proptosis could be the result of cellulitis or acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Any infection in this area, as from a pimple or boil in the nostril or on the upper lip or nose, may cause a local tissue inflammation known as cellulitis.