The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ceremonial
1(robes/formula) ceremonial(occasion/opening) solemne
- By the seventeenth century, this indigenous elite did not always dress like Spaniards, certainly not on public ceremonial occasions.
- These are ceremonial occasions, and each person who helps the family is given a portion of the pig.
- Why do modern armies and soldiers carry swords on ceremonial occasions?
- Some holidays and ceremonial occasions are associated with certain kinds of food.
- The grand entrance is still used by councillors on ceremonial occasions.
- Therefore, a distinction between formal palace-centered ceremonial processions and feasting must be preserved.
- When we worship in the spirit, we are opposed to religious rituals and ceremonial posturing, and to the showiness of the symbols of office, and external worship.
- Another traditional instrument still used in ritual and ceremonial events is the bullroarer, a thin piece of wood suspended from a string and swung in a circle.
- In the section devoted to each stage, one can view videotapes of relevant religious rituals and ceremonial objects from diverse traditions.
- An elaborate calendrical system was evolved, not least to identify appropriate days for holding ritual and ceremonial events.
- Animal sacrifice accompanies almost every ritual and ceremonial event in Nepali life.
- He is the connective tissue between government and tribal authority, and the government has given him a ceremonial uniform appropriate to his status.
- The announcement came during a day of ceremonial tribute to Mr Giuliani for his role in coordinating the immediate response and rallying New York's morale in the aftermath of the disaster.
- A team of archaeologists from Sheffield University have revealed significant new insights into the role of Stonehenge after discovering a prehistoric ceremonial road.
- The most visible signs are not houses or fields, but ceremonial monuments: a double row of timber posts, a ditched and banked enclosure in horseshoe plan and a ring ditch.
- The Washinton Post reports that with a letter from Bush and a ceremonial opening of the US Liaison Office in Tripoli, the US has opened its arms to the former pariah.
- Women play important roles in ceremonial and political life in many Melanesian societies.
- Uncomfortable (another unusual sensation), I adjust my position on the ceremonial throne.
- Women exerted political influence by participating in community council meetings, and they had significant roles in Cherokee ceremonial life.
- Yet there is a great difference both in method and in results between the traditional approaches to ceremonial represented in the study of ancient Greece and those being developed in more recent fields.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!