Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(robes/formula) ceremonial(occasion/opening) solemne
- By the seventeenth century, this indigenous elite did not always dress like Spaniards, certainly not on public ceremonial occasions.
- These are ceremonial occasions, and each person who helps the family is given a portion of the pig.
- Why do modern armies and soldiers carry swords on ceremonial occasions?
- Some holidays and ceremonial occasions are associated with certain kinds of food.
- The grand entrance is still used by councillors on ceremonial occasions.
- Therefore, a distinction between formal palace-centered ceremonial processions and feasting must be preserved.
- When we worship in the spirit, we are opposed to religious rituals and ceremonial posturing, and to the showiness of the symbols of office, and external worship.
- Another traditional instrument still used in ritual and ceremonial events is the bullroarer, a thin piece of wood suspended from a string and swung in a circle.
- In the section devoted to each stage, one can view videotapes of relevant religious rituals and ceremonial objects from diverse traditions.
- An elaborate calendrical system was evolved, not least to identify appropriate days for holding ritual and ceremonial events.
- Animal sacrifice accompanies almost every ritual and ceremonial event in Nepali life.
- He is the connective tissue between government and tribal authority, and the government has given him a ceremonial uniform appropriate to his status.
- The announcement came during a day of ceremonial tribute to Mr Giuliani for his role in coordinating the immediate response and rallying New York's morale in the aftermath of the disaster.
- A team of archaeologists from Sheffield University have revealed significant new insights into the role of Stonehenge after discovering a prehistoric ceremonial road.
- The most visible signs are not houses or fields, but ceremonial monuments: a double row of timber posts, a ditched and banked enclosure in horseshoe plan and a ring ditch.
- The Washinton Post reports that with a letter from Bush and a ceremonial opening of the US Liaison Office in Tripoli, the US has opened its arms to the former pariah.
- Women play important roles in ceremonial and political life in many Melanesian societies.
- Uncomfortable (another unusual sensation), I adjust my position on the ceremonial throne.
- Women exerted political influence by participating in community council meetings, and they had significant roles in Cherokee ceremonial life.
- Yet there is a great difference both in method and in results between the traditional approaches to ceremonial represented in the study of ancient Greece and those being developed in more recent fields.