Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1citología femininePapanicolau masculine Latin America
- Physical examination, cervical smears, transvaginal ultrasonography and mammography were performed at the first and last visits.
- Through a payroll tax, everyone would receive free preventive care proven by scientific trials: childhood immunisations, cervical smears, mammograms.
- A number of health checks are available, including breast examinations, cervical smears, blood testing, blood pressure and advice on other health-related issues.
- We now use mannequins for testing competency at passing a speculum and taking cervical smears in our final examination, to ensure basic competency.
- Though there is considerable expert scepticism about the diagnostic value of cervical smears and mammograms, this has done nothing to dampen demands to extend these programmes.
- Of these women, 324 had had a cervical smear before diagnosis and their test results were re-examined.
- Certain health issues, such as breast disease, cervical smears, the menopause and hormone replacement therapy, are of particular concern to women, and are discussed here.
- Regular cervical smear tests will detect any abnormal cells before they become cancerous.
- Abnormal cells found on the end of the cervix during a cervical smear test are generally at an ‘early warning’ pre-cancer stage, and do not cause any symptoms.
- For us to define women in the subcohort as ‘cytologically normal’ we considered that they had to have a normal cervical smear result at or after the follow up examination.
- An abdominal bimanual examination is recommended; do a cervical smear if it is due.
- The anti-rejection drugs increase the risk of getting certain types of cancer, especially in the skin (avoid direct sunlight) and neck of the womb, so women should have regular cervical smears.
- You don't need a cervical smear or internal examination to use the Pill.
- Whitehead et al demonstrated megaloblastic changes in cervical smears of oral contraceptive users in the absence of general folate deficiency.
- The maturation index of all the specimens, including cervical or vaginal smears, was determined, acknowledging that cervical smears are not the ideal specimens for hormonal assessment.
- Their lateral vaginal wall smears and cervical smears were examined for hormonal and morphological assessments respectively.
- From a government that swears it is reducing the number of targets, the campaign has produced a couple of new ones on bowel and breast cancer and on the time taken to return cervical smears.
- The cervix is one of the common sites for cancer, hence the advisability of regular cervical smears.
- In this study the cervical smear was prepared before the monolayer.
- An unfortunate perception exists among healthcare providers and women who have sex with women that they do not need regular cervical smears.