Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1reacción en cadena feminine
- It can protect the polyunsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes from the autocatalytic chain reaction of lipid peroxidation.
- Thousands or hundreds of thousands or even millions of these monomer fragments then add to each other in a chain reaction to form polymers.
- The entire process is the chain reaction called lipid peroxidation.
- Polymerase chain reaction products were examined by agarose gel electrophoresis and ethidium bromide staining.
- Once free radicals are produced, a chain reaction occurs wherein lipid peroxidation becomes self-perpetuating, generating more free radicals, and causing further harm.
- Hydroxyl radical stimulates the chain reaction of lipid peroxidation by removing the first hydrogen atom.
- The hydroperoxyderivatives of PUFA can undergo autocatalytic degradation, producing radicals and thus initiating the chain reaction of lipid peroxidation.
- During polymerization, the radical structure of monolignols may be retained after the linkage of an alcohol residue to a lignin polymer, causing a chain reaction or propagation of radicals.
- So only this isotope can be used to create a runaway chain reaction.
- A chain reaction that has received a lot of attention in recent years is the reaction by which Freons deplete the ozone layer that protects us from ultraviolet radiation.
- When high concentrations of these pollutants accumulate and interact with sunlight, a chain reaction occurs.
- This means that when calcium is released from one area of the store it can cause the opening of adjacent calcium channels - resulting in a chain reaction.
- They found that the heat released by breaking bonds was not enough to drive a chain reaction that could lead to explosion.
- Once initiated, lipid peroxyl radical can propagate as a chain reaction by abstracting hydrogen atoms from unsaturated fatty acids in the vicinity.
- Lipoperoxidation occurs as a chain reaction initiated by free radicals, which propagates itself and can result in the formation of many equivalents of lipid peroxides.
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for chlamydia, including polymerase chain reaction, ligase chain reaction, and transcription mediated amplification assays, are more sensitive and highly specific.
- Dr D' Aniello had found in earlier experiments that injecting the amino acids into rats triggered a chain reaction of hormones that ended with the production of testosterone in males and progesterone in females.
- Polymerase chain reaction and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays have been developed to test for infant botulism.
- The new technologies virtually negate the need for examinations, and urine testing by polymerase chain reaction or ligase chain reaction is as effective as conventional testing.
- In the stratosphere, increased levels of H2 start a chain reaction that destroys ozone.