Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1telesilla feminine, masculinetelesquí masculine Spain
- Eventually the bankers built themselves a chairlift, opened the mountain to the public, and called it Stowe, after the nearby town.
- ‘The guests don't even have to pay for anything other than the cost of the chairlift or cable car,’ he explains.
- I once loaded him on the chairlift at Cypress Mountain.
- The decision to provide avalanche control in Flute Bowl, a short hike from the mountain's Peak or Harmony chairlifts, adds another 700 acres of unpisted snow for expert skiers.
- Downhillers can ride chairlifts to the top of Moose and Mystery mountains, then bomb down 35 miles of rocky singletrack.
- There are 12 lifts, including a gondola, chairlifts, button tows and T-bars, which cover most of the mountain.
- It styles itself as Colorado's Perfect Ski Mountain and this year has added snow-making equipment and new chairlifts.
- There are no flash high-speed chairlifts scattered all over the mountain.
- By this stage we had only an hour to get back to the hut - raced part way back along the crater rim, down the mountain until we got to the top chairlift and begged a ride down from the Marley-listening operators.
- We decided that we would walk to Purple Mountain (Mt. Zhongshan) and catch the chairlift up to the top.
- The number who had got on to the mountain was far fewer than when the old chairlift had been in operation, she added.
- Using a gas barbecue is like going rock climbing and taking the chairlift to the top of the mountain.
- The resort also has a chairlift to carry you to your downhill adventure.
- This winter, the year-old resort has added 25 more runs and a quad chairlift, bringing the mountain to a total of 76 runs and five chairlifts.
- Every so often there was a comforting buzz and jingle in my ski jacket pocket as the messages came through on chairlifts, on the top of mountains, and in mountain top cafes.
- You can find more sophisticated dining at Café Diva, at the base of the mountain, or take a chairlift and then a moonlit snowshoe tour to sup at Ragnar's, a Norwegian restaurant at an elevation of 9,325 feet.
- In terms of facilities, the mountain offers a mix between older one-person chairlifts, drag lifts, and two modern high-speed chairlifts, one triple and one quad.
- The three areas have over two dozen ski lifts, mostly chairlifts and gondolas, serving a multitude of trails and runs from the valley floor to open slopes above treeline.
- The local mountain-bike association's future plans include installing a chairlift to transport bikes and riders to the top of the mountain.
- I buzzed, I forgot about my feet, I gibbered ecstatically to strangers on chairlifts, I laughed and whooped, soared and floated.