The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cáliz
- Without hesitating, she strode to the pillar supporting the glass chalice and firmly grasped the goblet by the stem.
- I don't think you would get away with a ‘Jesus Bar’ advertised by a leering Christ holding a chalice of wine.
- The next day he presented the Senate and plebs with a banquet, his pure, stainless, and holy body, the bread of angels, of which man has partaken, and he set chalices filled with wine before them.
- Golden chalices and great swords and weapons hung everywhere.
- Within the Christian tradition it has generally been believed that the Grail was the actual chalice used by Christ at the Last Supper.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!