Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Without hesitating, she strode to the pillar supporting the glass chalice and firmly grasped the goblet by the stem.
- I don't think you would get away with a ‘Jesus Bar’ advertised by a leering Christ holding a chalice of wine.
- The next day he presented the Senate and plebs with a banquet, his pure, stainless, and holy body, the bread of angels, of which man has partaken, and he set chalices filled with wine before them.
- Golden chalices and great swords and weapons hung everywhere.
- Within the Christian tradition it has generally been believed that the Grail was the actual chalice used by Christ at the Last Supper.