Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1orquesta de cámara feminine
- The Service boasts a choir, three concert bands, a chamber orchestra, string orchestra, junior strings, a junior brass group, saxophone group and brass group.
- The school has a strong music department and runs a symphony orchestra, a chamber orchestra, and several quartets.
- Purists, however, might regard arranging a Schubert string quartet for chamber orchestra as a step too far.
- A big symphonic concerto like the Brahms might seem an odd choice for a chamber orchestra, but the string section of the SCO is so good and full-sounding that it has to be the most impressive aspect of this CD.
- Indeed, the seats in the parquet area had to be taken out of service to accommodate the piece's spatial effects as produced by a chamber orchestra and the six soloists positioned in the audience.
- There are signs of economies being made here: this venue was generally used for chamber music, and the large symphony orchestra of the first two concerts was replaced by a chamber orchestra.
- Barshai transcribed the Eighth Quartet for chamber orchestra under the composer's supervision.
- The music is laid out for what Crosse calls a Wedding Band and a chamber orchestra of horn and strings.
- The only weak point in the engineering is the lack of distinction between the chamber orchestra in the pit and the larger orchestra in the back.
- Avison is best remembered for transcribing many of Domenico Scarlatti's keyboard sonatas for chamber orchestra, and that set of works has been recorded numerous times.
- Or, more tamely, let us say he tried to insist at a club where the DJs play ‘techno’ music that a chamber orchestra playing Mozart would be much more pleasant.
- Musicians from the youth chamber orchestra performed throughout the dinner.
- The work is scored for a chamber orchestra of 37 players, though the richness of Strauss's counterpoint gives an opulence of sound and texture which far removes it from the severe neo-classicism of the 1920s.
- This new CD has two works from the 1960s, Deux Preludes for flute, clarinet and bassoon and the three-movement Serenade for wind quintet and chamber orchestra.
- Under general director Sami Caner, the parent center also sponsors a chamber orchestra and a full-scale philharmonic orchestra.
- The Quindectet marries a chamber orchestra of horns, woodwinds and strings with a rhythm section of guitar, bass, drums and percussion.
- Charlton Church Chamber Concerts will be launching its most ambitious concert in its five-year existence on Palm Sunday, April 4, when a chamber orchestra and choir present St John Passion in the village church.
- It is a great pity that the choir does not have an orchestra, at least a chamber orchestra, to work with, but the musicians in the pit provided great support, and I was thrilled by some of the playing, especially the steelpan and drumming.
- In both works the handling of the chamber orchestra is masterly and the scores are replete with memorable tunes.
- I'm in a chamber orchestra playing first violin and there's this aged second violin who is just so mean to me.