Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(make chamfer on)biselar
- The front corners are more chamfered, the headlights cut into the bumper, flanking a lower front grille.
- The straight marlborough legs are chamfered on the inside corners to make them look less blocky and massive when viewed from an angle.
- The scribed outline on the back of the splat of this chair, set about one quarter of an inch from the edge, may have been a guide for chamfering the splat after it was sawn to shape.
- The leading edge of the cylinder was chamfered and the hammer and mainframe were case hardened.
- As was customary, the inside edges of all of the legs were lightly chamfered to reduce their bulky appearance when viewed from an angle.
- The pin hole was chamfered to aid with disassembly, and any remaining sharp edges of the frame were removed.
- The lateral surface of the dentary is strongly chamfered along the posterior half of its length.
- Inside the nightclub are chamfered block pedestals for mahogany-framed photographs of John Coltrane, Georges Brassens, Billy Holiday, Mohammad Abdelwahab, and other beloved musicians.
- Originally developed to route cracks in concrete for repairs with sealants and repair mortars, these bits make decorative V-shaped, chamfered joints possible.
- The edges were whittled down a little to make a smooth handle, and the ends were chamfered.
- As much as I enjoy ‘bench time,’ there is one step of the reloading process I utterly despise and is guaranteed to induce a bout of chest tightening anxiety - trimming, chamfering, and deburring cartridge cases.
- This explanation is flimsy, as chamfering generally involves rounding off the edges, rather than altering 70 percent of its surface area.
- Gimson expressed his enthusiasm for craftsmanship by his use of techniques such as chamfering with a draw knife as wheelwrights did to chamfer parts of farm wagons or tools, reducing the weight of the timber without affecting strength.
- Processing will include turning, polishing, straightening, chamfering and precision saw cutting, SDI said.
- Soane introduced light into the interior from exterior walls by a subtle grading of the light, by using deep chamfered reveals to vertical windows.
- The fixed lights are recessed even further, with their surrounding frames heavily chamfered.
- The instructions told me to put the chamfered edge up; there was no chamfered edge.
- Use the special ‘Universal’ type of tile, which is self-spacing and has several glazed chamfered edges.
- Most of his stones have simple rounded tops, chamfered edges, and peculiarities in lettering.
- We're also using softer paper, with gently chamfered edges, because people told us it made their hands hurt.
2(cut groove in)acanalar