Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1velatorio masculinesala velatoria feminine
- I learn from several sources that the practice of placing bodies in the chapel of rest, when there is an overflow, has been a standard practice in hospitals throughout the country.
- He said Vinnie's body was now reposing in the chapel of rest at Leach and Clegg Undertakers in Dale Street, Milnrow and his friends were welcome to go there and pay their last respects and sign a book of condolence.
- Then there is the ‘gardening’ to do, a pretty little plant lined avenue Fran has created, leading from the offices to the chapel of rest.
- Theives broke into a chapel of rest containing two bodies and stole a safe with more than £1, 500 collected at a funeral.
- The town council has been contacted by a consultant working for a client interested in converting the shop in Mitton Way into a funeral parlour, including a chapel of rest.
- But I wasn't allowed to go to the chapel of rest to see Sarah's body, I wasn't allowed to go to her funeral.
- Funeral directors want to move a chapel of rest because people parking in front of the door are preventing them getting coffins in and out.
- People can drop in to see the beautiful chapels of rest.
- Getting locked in a chapel of rest on Christmas Eve and being picked up by the coastguard during the heavy snow of the early 90s are just two of the memories for an Arnside GP who retired from his surgery after 30 years' service at the weekend.
- Coun Carder said that to use the building as a chapel of rest would require air conditioning and refrigeration which, he said, was beyond the budget of the council.
- After the crash Gareth's father said he had taken six of his son's friends to the chapel of rest to warn them of the dangers of so-called joyriding.
- His father Paul said yesterday that he had taken six of Gareth's friends to the chapel of rest to warn them of the dangers of so-called joyriding.
- The undertaker was so taken with the story of Bobby Bell that he is dedicating a new chapel of rest to his memory.
- We brought in architects and added a first floor to the chapel of rest.
- The body was later recovered from the back of the van and is now lying at the chapel of rest.
- The Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society opened a funeral centre and chapel of rest with the symbolic release of a white dove and a blessing from a vicar.
- When my Nan (my dad's mum) died, I was very upset, particularly as I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, so my dad and I went to the chapel of rest to see her.
- Even those who have the opportunity of viewing their child at a chapel of rest may still choose not to do so, preferring to remember their child as they were in life.
- Die there and you will be removed immediately to the chapel of rest and for a week, then whisked off to the crematorium.
- The tasteful chapel of rest provides a peaceful surrounding where last respects can be paid.