Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(of book)capítulo masculinea shameful chapter in our country's history — un capítulo vergonzoso de la historia de nuestro país
- One of the more controversial parts of the new church order is the decision to give Parish Councils, not the cathedral chapters, the power to hire clergy.
- Most northern chapters of the chivalric orders had salles like this one, and the weather raging outside the thick walls reminded Charrow of why that was.
- In 1304 he was present at the general chapter of the Dominican order held at Toulouse.
- In 1176 Pope Alexander III resolved the dispute by declaring the cities to be joint-sees and ordering the chapters to hold elections together.
- Banning admission fees would mean introducing legislation to prohibit charging by independent deans and chapters of cathedrals.
2.2(of fraternity, sorority)sección feminine
- My mother covered him with blankets, and a neighbor phoned the local chapter of the Humane Society for help.
- Many of our California Delegates represent our local chapters, and work with the state association to give us a greater presence in these elections.
- He serves as president of the local chapter of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association, and he is a licensed commercial pilot.
- If you live in a big city, you really ought to look into organizing a chapter of your own local bloggers.
- Talk with someone from your local chapter of the American Cancer Society or a similar organization.
- Local chapters of these organizations appeared throughout the country and even penetrated deeply into many rural areas.
- For every kilometer I walked, I raised money for our local chapter of the American Diabetes Society.
- Local youth and college chapters plan to go back into their communities and hold additional town hall meetings on Social Security.
- Encourage students to form their own departmental organizations, like a physics club or a chapter of the Society of Physics Students.
- The following are some tips from that seminar which may help your student chapter better use their local associations.
- This also is the perfect time of year to recruit new members for your local association or collegiate chapter.
- This might be a good time to call your local chapter with a donation or even an offer to volunteer.
- This year he's president of the local chapter, which has about 200 members.
- The headquarters staff also will handle fund-raising mass mailings, with chapters handling more targeted local mailings.
- Organizations devoted to helping people deal with this problem have about 6,000 local chapters altogether.
- The first relationship state coordinators develop is with the chairs of the chapters ' legislative committees in their states.
- Social clubs, association chapters and labor unions have been in decline for decades.
- On occasion, the Association has suffered discredit because of the actions or communications of chapters and conferences.
- Their primary purpose was to network and enhance communications between state chapters.
- Start by deciding how to tell the community about your chapter's activities.
3(of act of parliament)capítulo masculine
- to file for chapter 11bankruptcy protection