Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1sima feminineabismo masculinethe yawning chasm between the two brothers — el profundo abismo (que media) entre los dos hermanos
- This is what, maybe, contributes to the chasm between leaders and followers and the general social decay.
- The closer war seems to get, the larger the chasm between sides grows.
- At some point, however, it will become increasingly difficult to bridge the chasm between their faith and their values.
- But this served only to enlarge the social chasm between home owning wealth-holders and families with no assets.
- The chasm between the editorial side and the technology side is more or less accurately replicated when it comes to the layman.
- The geneticist obscures the chasm between her hope and the technical options he is offering.
- The security measures sanctioned by the state serve only to widen the chasm between the powerful and powerless.
- But there is a chasm between how she is perceived in America and here.
- The burghers of Lucern were rich but, in those days, the chasm between the rich and the poor was enormous.
- One year later and the chasm between this side and that side has grown ever wider.
- What the current row has exposed is the chasm between East and West.
- There was a big chasm between us - we were musical snobs to them and they thought we were elitists.
- The results also highlight a growing chasm between the borough's best and worst performing schools.
- Genetic variables and years of experience forge a wide chasm between an average athlete and a top professional.
- It is clear that there is now a greater chasm between teens and adults.
- When an individual lies, he does so to bridge or cover over the chasm between his personal interests and accepted social norms.
- The chasm between the wealthy elite and broad layers of the population will only continue to widen under conditions of slump.
- Such comments underscore the chasm between the response of liberals and of socialists to social inequality.
- Far from ameliorating the present social crisis, such plans would only deepen the chasm between rich and poor.
- That shows the chasm between the views being expressed in this country.