Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1porrista masculine, feminine Colombia, Mexicoanimador masculineanimadora feminine
- To use an sporting metaphor, are cheerleaders members of the team?
- He also wants female cheerleaders and drill team members to be counted as athletes under Title IX, a policy the federal government has yet to adopt.
- I shouldn't project my opinions of one cheerleading team on all cheerleaders.
- They strut for the cheerleaders, perform one-arm push-ups for the crowd, and preen for the cameras.
- The teams walked off the field as the cheerleaders walked on to perform their entertaining flips and cartwheels.
- The teams trudged off the field and into the locker rooms as the cheerleaders from both teams went to the middle on the field for their half-time show.
- At our school, instead of having cheerleaders support the boys' football and soccer teams, the drill team did.
- Anybody aged between five to 20 can become involved in the programme, which will see cheerleaders performing during all home games.
- In her younger days, Jan was a cheerleader for local speedway teams.
- The football game had turned out to be a massive pep rally complete with cheerleaders, the band performing and raging football fans.
- Cute, perky, athletic and always daddy's little girl, the cheerleader is the darling symbol of American youth and feminine desirability.
- All cheerleaders and band members please report to the gym at this time.
- There was a guy sitting next to him with a camera in hand, taking pictures of not only the lacrosse team, but the cheerleaders as well.
- Of course, some American sports still have cheerleaders, but at least these girls actually do something.
- Some of the fans, players, coaches, cheerleaders and band members who made their way to the local stadiums did so at considerable personal risk.
- Most of the committee members were former cheerleaders who hadn't made varsity and were too old for JV, but still wanted to cheer.
- Attempting to be innovative, the organisers have roped in cheerleaders this year, complete with pom-poms.
- Callie couldn't remember a time in her four years on the squad when the cheerleaders performed better.
- Four injuries occurred while the cheerleader was performing an advanced floor routine gymnastics stunt.
- It was a mixture of cheerleaders, band members, and the football players.