The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of claroscuro
- The brusque application of plaster disrupts the logic of the painting's chiaroscuro.
- Each vignette, usually showing one or two figures, is a little anthology of effects, combining contour drawing, crosshatching, chiaroscuro, graphic boldness and delicate detailing.
- Then he saw the light - in the form of Caravaggio's dramatic chiaroscuro - and became one of that master's most resourceful followers.
- The image's effect lies in its extraordinary brilliance of colour, and chiaroscuro; with an imaginative concept and a contemporary feeling forcefully united.
- Partly because of his interest in chiaroscuro, Leonardo was not very interested in color.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!