Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(young chicken)pollito masculinepollita femininepolluelo masculinepolluela feminine
- A good hatch from a small incubator is indicated when 70 percent or more of the eggs hatch, and the chicks are active and fluffy.
- I also used domestic chicks with prior experience of both prey types as predators.
- In the battle against bird flu, international health authorities must handle a thriving legal trade in live birds and chicks.
2(young bird)pichón masculinepichona femininepolluelo masculinepolluela feminine
- Cuckoos con other birds into rearing their chicks because it's so much easier than doing it themselves.
- After the experiment, we monitored the experimental birds until chicks fledged.
- Scientists have discovered there is a bird that can detect cuckoo chicks in the nest.
- The young chicks fledge or leave the nest in around 60 days and become fully independent in 14 more days.
- Parent birds rarely succeed in rearing both of their chicks.
- After about eighteen days' incubation, one or two chicks will hatch, fledge, and begin to whisper the blue-throat song.
- In the wild it's the father bird that hatches the eggs and protects the chicks from the mother bird who would kill them.
- More and more birds are losing chicks and returning to nest the following year instead of skipping a year.
- Young chicks are brooded for an unknown period of time after hatching.
- These birds eat mice, chicks and any small animal they can find.
- They climbed trees and devoured eggs, chicks, and birds.
- The Polynesians also accidentally introduced rats, which may have fed on the eggs and chicks of ground-nesting birds.
- A parent feeds only its own chick in the crèche, recognizing the chick by its call note.
- Yet, the presence of cowbird chicks is often accompanied by a reduction of the number of host chicks and fledglings.
- They climb trees with ease and prey on birds, chicks and eggs in their nests.
- But if the mothers are late returning from the ocean with food, the newly hatched chicks will die.
- The newly hatched chicks run to shore from the burrows, enter the water, and swim to the parents.
- You won't need to be patient if you're looking for Peregrine Falcon chicks.
- This spring, we've watched as the mother falcon warmed her eggs and saw the falcon chicks right after they hatched.
- He hatched and hand-reared 22 chicks at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust in Slimbridge, which is home to the largest colony of breeding flamingoes in the county.
3slang(young woman)muchacha femininechavala feminine Spain informalpebeta feminine River Plate informalcabra feminine Chile informal
- He used his role as a journalist to meet high school chicks, and the nation is outraged, simply outraged that a journalist would manipulate someone in that way.
- You'll see lots of attractive chicks with nothing to do and no real job descriptions.
- I'm never going to skate quite like they are, I'm never going to attract as many chicks.
- Were he and his gift for healing a big hit with the chicks in high school?
- It is more important to be you than to be the hottest chick or guy in school.
- Dumb blond actress chicks look really good up on a big movie screen or on the pages of a magazine.
- You should see all those hot chicks near the school grounds!
- Why work out when you can wow the chicks with these beauties!
- If you were a woman you'd be a girly girl and grungy chicks aren't your thing.
- He's the kind of guy that'd be interested in Goth punk chicks, not girls like me.
- There was a chick from Cross High School that Sam recognized.
- Even when she became fashionable and the school chick, she still remained my stubborn, loyal friend, willing to defend me.
- I'm not one of those groupie chicks who only likes sports for the hot babe action.
- I keep forgetting broads don't like it when you call them chicks.
- Beauty contests should be about hot chicks in skimpy outfits.
- Both chicks, I have to say, are stunningly attractive; classic beauties who radiate an unmediated sexiness.
- If you think of girl bands merely as hot chicks who can sing and dance, think again.
- A slight catfight was going on between a popular bimbo chick and a new girl.
- The most puzzling situation happens when a chick rejects you for a less attractive male.