Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1inspector general (de la policía) masculine Latin Americainspectora general (de la policía) feminine Latin Americainspector jefe (de la policía) masculine Spaininspectora jefe (de la policía) feminine Spain
- Sharon and I both belong to the Association of Senior Women Officers and it is really good to see the number of chief inspectors and detective chief inspectors coming through at a younger period.
- You are a sergeant, you are an inspector, a chief inspector, superintendent.
- A total of 1,457 inspectors, 391 chief inspectors and 629 superintendents were questioned in the survey.
- We are talking about grass roots; we are talking about PCs, sergeants, inspectors and chief inspectors.
- It is suggested that a public meeting on the issue will take place sometime and also the police chief inspector will be invited to voice his opinion.
- The chief inspector said police would need the help of other agencies and the public in doing this.
- That's £100,000 for the sake of a few eggs: or the annual salary of five more police constables, four more sergeants or two more chief inspectors.
- This meeting will inform a later submission from the chief inspector to the relevant minister on what action should be taken to improve services within the council in a timely way.
- We have representatives - I think they are chief inspectors - from the two police stations involved.
- The South Yorkshire Police vetting unit is made up of a chief inspector, another officer and three civilians who are overseen by a superintendent.
- She is returning to the city centre, where she worked as a chief inspector before transferring to Merseyside as a superintendent.
- I spent, I think, four weeks on a sergeant's course, a couple of weeks on an inspector's course and nothing on a chief inspector's course.
- Soon after he became an inspector and worked with the motorway unit and then a chief inspector of traffic operations at the force's Hutton headquarters.
- We asked the Treasury Solicitor to take charge of the inquiry in conjunction with a senior police officer of at least the rank of chief inspector.
- A former police chief inspector accused of thefts totalling £20,000 has denied the offences and is to go on trial at Crown Court.
- Until one very recent promotion to superintendent there were also no women above chief inspector rank, they said.
- The probation service has not been in good shape, as the criticisms of the quality of its work by successive chief inspectors demonstrate.
- It is not the job of the chief inspector to tell the administration what the administration wants to hear.
- The role of the chief inspector in the criminal justice unit will be replaced by a civilian manager.
- The chief inspector told the magistrates that the pubs in the district were well run with no ‘problem premises’.