Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(person)chino masculinechina feminine
- It was retold by the Chinese and by the national minorities of southern and southwest China.
- The purpose of the airlift was to carry enough supplies into Western China to keep the Chinese in the war.
- Hartley easily beat Wu Minxia of China, preventing the Chinese from a possible sweep of diving gold medals.
- Fighting the Chinese in China would have led to a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union.
- SARS threatens China and the Chinese in a variety of major and extremely dangerous ways.
- By the end of the Nineteenth Century, a strong sense of nationalism swept over China and many wanted to reclaim China for the Chinese.
- And this is why John Snow was over in China recently asking the Chinese to let their currency, the yuan, rise against the dollar.
- If so, then plainly the Chinese of China were, in MacDonald's jargon, the ‘ingroup’.
- In turn, many missionaries came to China to convert the Chinese to Christianity as part of colonization.
- Indians abroad are as fond of their mother country as the Chinese are fond of China, but investment isn't a matter of the heart.
- As McArthur's forces drew closer to the Chinese border, the Chinese delivered many threats warning of consequences.
- In table tennis, the Chinese are the dominant nation.
- These languages include Chinese, Hindi / Urdu, Japanese, Juang, Korean, Icelandic, Lithuanian, and Russian.
- This was offered in broadband by BBC News interactive in six languages including Urdu, Chinese and Arabic.
- His poems have been translated into all Indian languages and foreign languages, including Chinese, French and German.
- He went so far as to recommend Chinese as the universal language.
- The majority of the population in Hong Kong is Chinese and speaks Cantonese, a dialect of Chinese, as the language for daily communication.
- The fact that up to one million people in Britain are bilingual in some of the world's great languages like Chinese, Hindi, Bengali and Spanish should be celebrated.
- All the menus can be changed to support multiple languages, including Chinese, German, French and Japanese.
- Skills developed as a result of the workshop can be used to go on to learn other tonal and non-tonal languages including Chinese, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
- Of course, English is a far more global language - though primarily as a second language - than Chinese, the vast majority of whose speakers live in China.
- Fewer than 50,000 students study Chinese, a language spoken by almost 1.5 billion people worldwide.
- I feel very strongly that my first language was Chinese - my mother tongue.
- It handles the above languages plus Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Although China is becoming more inclusive, Chinese as a language is quite exclusive.
- Many of the signs on Christmas Island are in 3 languages - Chinese, Malay and English.
- Schools in Tibet have been transformed to teach only to those students willing to learn in Chinese, a language most Tibetans do not speak.
- The Beatles Anthology will be published in Britain and the USA, with plans to have it translated into dozens of languages, including Chinese.
- Three novels are out and translated in most of the major languages, barring Chinese.
- The school uses English and Chinese as the languages of instruction.
- Four had taught Spanish as a second Language to Chinese, Moroccan, and Eastern European immigrants for a very limited time.
- In addition, they were encouraged to use the Manchu language, rather than Chinese.
3British informal(food, meal)comida china feminine
- More fabulous is Gars - which various Brighton friends had assured me was the best Chinese in town, and having tried it I have to agree.
- I love Japanese food and, when I get time, I try to go out to a West End restaurant but it's nice and easy to be able to go to your local Chinese.
- Now to head to the Chinese for a takeaway, then freshen up and head down to Brookes for some light refreshment.
- We went to Dads before we'd had any tea so when we got back we just had a couple of microwave burgers and I popped round to the Chinese for some chips and curry sauce.
- For years the only decent restaurant in Manchester was the Chinese, Yang Sing.
- It is situated just off the Champs d' élsyee and sandwiched between an Irish pub, and takeaway Chinese, so it is not in the most desirable spot.
- Forget Chinese, Indian or pizza - a York chip shop is to deliver traditional fish and chips door-to-door.
- Getting pizza, Chinese or curry delivered twice a week at £20 a time adds up to an impressive £173 a month.
- As we are not in training we aren't able to burn off the Chinese or the Kebab you ate the night before.
- Jim was dishing up the Chinese now onto two plates.
- She also told that the pizza would be there in five minutes, the Chinese in ten, and asked that someone go and pick up and order from Applebee's.
4British informal(restaurant)restaurante chino masculine