Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1gravilla femininecascajo masculineloose chippings — gravilla suelta
- Trees collected will be turned into wood chippings for use as mulch in the borough's parks and gardens.
- Cover the base of the pot with a layer of coarse grit, stone chippings or the expanded clay granules often sold for houseplants.
- The Rema was built in 1976 and the 1,000-tonne freighter was heading to Holland with a cargo of stone chippings when she sank suddenly in good weather.
- DRB Recycling took waste including debris from demolished buildings, wood chippings and household rubbish.
- It also installed a compost bin for kitchen waste, grass cuttings, newspapers, teabags and wood chippings.
- I had put edging stones and stone chippings on the plot to keep it neat and tidy, but now they'll have to go.
- The current surface of the car park is coarse rolled stone chippings, which can create surface noise when cars are driven over it.
- Whilst all you lot were enjoying the Easter break - I was shovelling up 12 ton of stone chippings in my Brother in Law's drive… 12 bloody ton!
- To make the market as authentic as possible, there are plans to put an inch of wood chippings across the street to recreate what it would have been like to walk around in 13 th century Bolton.
- Compostable materials include fruit and vegetable peelings, tea bags and coffee grounds, bread, egg shells, paper towels, wood chippings, straw and hay.
- In recent years, relatives have added miniature fences and decorative loose stone chippings to some plots in this area of the cemetery, in tribute to their departed loved ones.
- The discovery of a host of rare and exotic mushrooms spreading across the nation will be blamed on a new habitat created by gardeners' wood chippings, at a meeting of ecologists in the new year.
- Once planted, top-dress the compost with stone chippings to keep water away from the necks of the plants and set the trough somewhere where you can enjoy it throughout the year.
- The work I am talking about is a surface dressing instantly recognisable by the light grey coloured gravel and the profusion of loose stone chippings left on the surface.
- When planting, ensure the shrubs establish quickly by thoroughly soaking the rootballs and covering the ground with a thick mulch of bark chippings.
- Surface dressing involves a coating of bitumen being sprayed onto the road surface, followed by layers of hard stone chippings.
- On inspecting the site, they found the three buildings in an area of land which had been walled off and covered with stone chippings.
- The process involves putting down a sticky binding agent and then spreading it with tiny stones, or loose chippings.
- The compost produced will be made available for purchase along with wood chippings from wood that is collected.
- If roads get too hot, the anti-skid surface of stone chippings can sink into the the melted tarmac.