Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Inorganic anions used as the model anions were sulfate, fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrite, nitrate, chlorate, iodide, thiocyanate, and perchlorate, used as their sodium salts.
- Flasks and bottles full of nitrates and sulphides and chlorates and acetone, labelled in English and Arabic, lay on dirty tables.
- Some used gelatine sticks while others used a home-made explosive compound of ammonium nitrate, potassium chlorate, sulphuric acid and sugar - chemicals available over the counter in most major cities.
- Continued research has produced many more types of chemical explosives than those known in Nobel's time: percholates, chlorates, ammonium nitrate-fuel oil mixtures and liquid oxygen explosives are examples.
- Unlike ammonium nitrate, TNT and chlorates, C4 is a military explosive produced in the US and several other countries.