The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of mascar
transitive and intransitive verb
- The boss man loosened the knot on his tie and angrily chomped on his Havana cigar.
- Have you ever sat opposite somebody at a meal who chomps their food?
- They will be chomping on chicken drumsticks and hamburgers and walking around everywhere.
- The sauce was a little lame, but I could have chomped on the squid all afternoon.
- It did make me smile as I chomped on a pork pie washed down with cava.
- Whereas the foxes chomped and swallowed each morsel rapidly and completely, the cat mincingly removed all the choice bits of flesh from the bone and then discarded the rest, moving on to pillage another piece.
- A Titan Triggerfish chomps at some hard coral, as other fish gawp at us curiously or dart away.
- After leaping about 4ft into the air, the cat brought the dragonfly down a final time, lifted it in his paws and chomped on its green and black tail.
- He picked up one of his own French fries and chomped on it.
- I forked up some pasta and chomped on it hungrily.
- She left the TV on the sports channel as she reached over to the coffee table, grabbed the half eaten chocolate bar and chomped on it.
- I caught him after his autograph session, as he chomped on a hot dog, rapped with passing fans and friends, and accepted two gift baseball caps, which he wore simultaneously.
- I chomped on my croissant as I heard Andrew complain for something like the fourteenth time.
- I moodily chomped on my buttered toast and took sips of my orange juice.
- She ate her salad neatly while I chomped on some fries.
- Sophia wrinkled her nose and looked out the window while Jane angrily chomped on her sandwich.
- Pests - pick off the red lily beetle and squash it before it chomps your lilies.
- But he was not in a talkative mood and chomped his way grumpily through the meal, responding with grunts and monosyllables to all attempts to engage him in conversation.
- Many readers will at this stage not be able to read this column as they will be scrunching up their fists, biting their nails, gnashing their teeth and chomping furiously on all forms of chewing gum!
- I'm not entirely sure why; I thought something was chomping the roots so I took them outside, dug them up and gave them a ‘sheep dip’ in soapy water which should kill off most things.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!