Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(para comer comida oriental) palillo masculine
- There are metal forks and spoons, melamine Chinese spoons and plastic chopsticks.
- Japanese chopsticks are too thin and Chinese chopsticks are hardly shaped at all.
- Also, never tap the bowls on the table with chopsticks as many Chinese believe only beggars do this.
- Only at funerals are chopsticks stuck into the rice that is put onto the altar.
- Once there, they had to pick up four jellybeans out of a bowl and put them on a plate using only a tricky pair of chopsticks.
- Her dark tresses were twisted into an oddly shaped bun with two chopsticks sticking from them.
- Men also wear pouches on the right side of their belts to hold a small knife and a pair of chopsticks.
- There are also new, shrink wrapped Japanese chopsticks to take back to the table.
- All the tables were pre-set with linen napkins, bowls, china spoons and chopsticks on a green cloth.
- Naturally, she doesn't know how to use chopsticks, since she doesn't eat Chinese food.
- Therefore, chopsticks are also looked upon as the quintessence of Japanese culture.
- Roll up with a fork or chopsticks, and place on the frissé salad.
- These are used to create goods such as bowls, cutlery, chopsticks and even wine cups.
- Then the bowl is thrust at me with battered wooden chopsticks and a porcelain spoon.
- At first, fumbling with chopsticks, he found it hard to grasp the food.
- It's like trying to build a house using only chopsticks and a hammer.
- In the Chinese way, we both helped ourselves to each of the dishes, breaking open new, clean chopsticks from a supply on each table.
- As for the carvings, I bought some rather lovely chopsticks made from wild betel nut palm and a dolphin carved from the nut of the sago palm.
- Unique china and cherrywood chopsticks are placed on elegant silver holders to make the food look more appealing.
- Dishes are served on a revolving plate in the centre of the table, and food is deftly picked up with chopsticks as it comes by.