Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The corporation parks department created displays of autumn flowers, including chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies, geraniums, salvias and primuli.
- I went upstairs on the roof and sat among the potted plants, among the violets and chrysanthemums and marigolds and daisies.
- Vegetable harvest coincides with bright autumn foliage, chrysanthemums, asters and sedum.
- Those inspired by the Far East included stylized water lilies, chrysanthemums, peonies, prunus blossoms, wisteria, and wild roses, as well as birds and insects.
- Many flowers are edible, the most common culinary varieties being calendula, chrysanthemum, daylily, nasturtium, pansy, violet and zucchini.
- The main crops produced were roses, mimosas, carnations and chrysanthemums, as ornamental non-edible plants, and tomato, lettuce and basil, as edible ones.
- If you have a history of allergy to daisies, ragweed, marigolds, chrysanthemums, or related plants, you may be more at risk of having an allergic reaction to echinacea.
- Planted along with traditional peonies, irises and chrysanthemums, are lupines, veronicas and Canterbury bells, a contemporary feature rarely seen in Japanese gardens.
- You no doubt have heard of cloth houses being used to grow many plants commercially, in particular chrysanthemums, asters, snapdragons, and occasionally roses.
- Orchids, anthuriums, chrysanthemums, gladiolus, lilies, cut flowers and dry flowers were a big draw among visitors.
- Even though there are hundreds of good varieties of chrysanthemums available, the advice of experts in various regions resulted in this short list of the most outstanding or noteworthy.
- Choose perennials and bulbs that are quick to form intricate root systems, such as chrysanthemums, violets, daffodils and creeping phlox.
- Daises, lilies, tulips, chrysanthemums, petunias, and hyacinths also blossomed.
- For most, the presence of flowers such as roses, peonies, chrysanthemums, lilies, irises and calendulas for instance represents an aesthetic uplifting of spirit.
- Cosmos and chrysanthemums, along with marigolds, may repel Mexican bean beetles from beans.
- By using new growing methods which are similar to cultivating chrysanthemums in pots, it is now possible to achieve a longer season for top quality potted dahlias.
- Major festivals attract huge crowds, and famous sites for admiring plum and cherry blossoms, irises, azaleas, chrysanthemums, and the bright leaves of fall draw many visitors.
- Keep asters and chrysanthemums more compact by pinching a couple of inches off their growing tips when they reach 12 inches tall in spring and again in mid-summer.
- There, under palm trees and bamboo, grew huge chrysanthemums and peonies, as well as wisteria.
- Stake and support dahlias, gladioli, chrysanthemums and other top-heavy border plants.