Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(la) Cenicientathe Cinderella of the industry — el pariente pobre / la cenicienta de la industria
- They are the Cinderellas of the public sector workers.
- Mental health patients are the Cinderellas of the NHS, always have been, always will be.
- In terms of recognition, children's companies have been the Cinderellas of theatre.
- It is that mentality that has made the grammar schools the Cinderellas of the Five Year Plan.
- According to Cllr Brian Stanley athletics is still the Cinderella of sport in Laois.
- This is the Cinderella of the arts, dependent on celebrities and multinationals for its erratic funding.
- The art gallery may justly be considered the Cinderella of leisure provision in the city.