Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1circunflejo masculineacento circunflejo masculine
- The evidence is that originally the German keyboard produced circumflexes instead of umlauts but it was replaced by an English keyboard.
- The French have had a crack at reforming plurals and circumflexes.
- Some speakers would give these words the circumflex, but it would be the rising circumflex, so that the sound would still terminate with the rising inflection.
- Modern Greek also retains from the ancient language a system of three pitch accents: acute, circumflex and grave.
- The 1740 edition of the dictionary of the Académie française altered the spelling of 36% of French words, chiefly replacing mute s by acute and circumflex accents.
- There should be a circumflex accent on the ‘y’ of ‘Llýn ’, not an acute.
- The modern French ‘notre dame’ does not carry a circumflex accent.