Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1derechos civiles masculinecivil rights movement — movimiento por los derechos civiles
- The Constitution stipulates the basic political and civil rights of all Russians.
- It must be pointed out that the hunt is not at all about the equality of human and civil rights, which is beyond dispute.
- As with everything else in his life, his use of civil rights was entirely political.
- The traditional political and civil rights are not difficult to institute.
- From here she launched herself into a vigorous campaign to promote human rights and civil rights.
- Law and politics should therefore grant to everyone equal political and civil rights.
- Freedom of speech is one of the basic civil rights guaranteed in a democratic society.
- The civil rights law introduces a new political standard: these things are not done to human beings.
- Eventually, the civil rights movement began to win the political argument.
- This is not to say that anyone who is not a citizen or abjures his or her citizenship is lacking in civil rights.
- But civil rights campaigners claimed the new moves would make little difference.
- Is it too naive to hope that if residents were treated as if they too had civil rights, they might behave more responsibly?
- As Canadian citizens, we are living at an interesting time in national civil rights.
- They are the latest in his hard-line approach to policing and are sure to further anger the civil rights lobby.
- He was a product of his times, shaped and moulded by the civil rights struggle and cold war fears of nuclear holocaust.
- It breaks every tenant of privacy and civil rights imaginable and will inevitably be denounced by the courts.
- Do we really want to think of the continuing civil rights debates as that sort of war?
- Indeed, once again, our media has failed us when it comes to protecting our civil rights.
- Many civil rights, enacted over the past 250 years, relate to married couples only.
- None has caused as much concern among lawmakers and civil rights groups.