The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de almeja
1almeja femeninoto shut up like a clam — quedarse como una tumba coloquial
- Their tricuspid teeth (three sharp points per tooth) are especially adapted to feed on organisms with hard shells such as clams, snails, crabs and shrimp.
- One tunnel was five and a half inches long, made by a clam whose shell measured less than two-tenths of an inch - a new record, relative to body size.
- The Castle Eden is an extremely scenic old steamship, lying in 33m on a clean bottom of mussel shells, clams and coarse gravel.
- Shell the mussels and clams and set the flesh aside.
- About 95% of fossilized creatures are marine animals: clams, snails, corals, fish, etc.
- The vongole pizza (with clams in shells) is a singular delight.
- She found clams with shells measuring 4.5 millimeters that had elongated their feet some 13 centimeters from the shell.
- I used two size classes of clams for this experiment to compare variation in growth rates between different life history stages.
- Soldiers reportedly prefer smaller, canned items such as sardines and clams for their compact size and longer shelf lives.
- Many bivalves (such as clams or oysters) are used as food in places all over the world.
- The Asian clam and the zebra mussel are probably the two most common exotic species, which have been introduced to North American freshwaters.
- In addition to fish, other aquatic creatures such as clams and daphnia are used as indicators of chemical changes.
- Scrub the mussels and clams, discarding any whose shells are gaping open or seem lifeless when you squeeze them.
- Starfish, sea-urchins, clams and corals lie just yards from the shore.
- Farmed shellfish, such as clams, mussels and oysters, are also sustainable; in fact, shellfish are filter feeders that leave the water cleaner than they found it.
- It can be found feeding on crabs, shrimps, clams, scallops, abalone and small fish.
- Environmental health officer Ray Parle explained that shellfish like mussels, oysters, clams and scallops filter their food from the water like a sieve.
- However, the region is known for its excellent seafood, especially lobster, crawfish, clams, scallops, and shrimp.
- In addition, the waters off the coast are known for their clams and scallops.
- And in asking the various fish vendors around Pike Place Market, I found that most of them liked to cook clams the simplest way… to steam them.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!