Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Using sharp pruners, cut the stems cleanly where they meet larger branches.
- The chemical industry is under pressure to reduce its impact on the environment and to run its operations as cleanly and efficiently as possible.
- Only the distance of history lets us believe that such events are ever carried out cleanly and efficiently.
- Looking over the city which he somehow embodies, he simply churns out the words, cleanly, efficiently and quickly.
- Our binmen have worked efficiently and cleanly over the years but the last few weeks have been a shambles as the new system gets under way.
- Aside from adding extra pressure, focusing on the outcome while you play can help you execute your shot cleanly and smoothly.
- He accordingly has difficulty executing his runs cleanly.
- The knife sliced the paper cleanly and smoothly, shearing off thin ribbons.
- If masking tape is used along the sides of the joint, make sure the tape is removed immediately after tooling is complete before the caulk skins over so that it will pull away cleanly and leave a smooth, even line.
- However, when the chordal melody is doubled in both hands, the left-hand part can be difficult to navigate cleanly.
- They found it difficult to cleanly isolate this property as an aspect.
- The song picks up for its coda, breaking into a steady waltz beneath cleanly strummed guitars and theremin.
- It is commonly held that the location on the ballot most difficult to punch cleanly is the four corners of the ballot.
- I tried out the chocolate cake recipe, which produced a pleasant, rather sweet cake, which cut cleanly and was still good to eat a couple of days later.
- When I left St George's Hospital, I imagined that aspects of my past had been excised, cut cleanly away.
- I guess the Oxford English Dictionary cuts it more cleanly with a black and white approach.
- The War Memorial is cleanly maintained with cut lawns and seats in the surrounding small park.
- By the time I had got down to the causeway it stood cleanly cut against a speedwell-blue streak of sky.
- He had cleanly cut virtually black hair, and though he did not boast the same striking attractiveness as Adam did, was fairly handsome himself.
- Cut it as cleanly and as close to square as possible.
2(fairly)(fight/play/win) limpio(fight/play/win) limpiamente(fight/play/win) con limpieza
(adroitly)(catch/take/shoot) con destreza
adjective cleanlier, cleanliest