Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- For too many players on the pitch, the clichéd phrase of just trying to treat it like any other game had obviously been taken to heart.
- In its less stellar moments, the songwriting can be a bit of a yawn-fest with cliched choruses that are repeated ad nauseam.
- There's a touch of charm, but the cliched storytelling lacks that vital spark to send it soaring above the obligatory half-term movies.
- Adrian cringed at the exact clichéd phrase that he didn't want to hear at all.
- Sorry to use such a clichéd phrase, but it's appropriate for talking about this film.
- Overcoming the traditional cliched views of civil servants remains a challenge if the body is to attract the best talent in the marketplace away from the private sector.
- Do we think there's no such thing as bad art: poorly written novels, cliched and unoriginal paintings, unconvincingly acted films?
- This is probably just as well, given the extent to which some titles - particularly the most cliched ones - get over-used.
- Joey is worth watching for the cast, but you will be let down by the predictable and clichéd style of humour.
- The samples on their albums sound fresh and vibrant, not like the tired and clichéd samples so many rappers resort to.
- This stuff is served up in such a mundane, cliched way that even if there is a truth in there, it blew right by me.
- No amount of attention to signs can undo the impact of cliched words or banal sentiments.
- That it works at all is largely down to the enthusiasm of its cast, who set about making the most of a tired and mostly cliched scenario.
- The problem is in the execution, which feels incredibly derivative and cliched.
- It won't be to all tastes, but it does make you view what can become a cliched media story in a fresh way.
- The work is free of the tired clichéd issues surrounding and weighing down most conceptual installation art.
- We need whatever music, no matter how corny or clichéd, to get us through our days and nights.
- The sagas attracted huge audiences, hooked on every clichéd twist and turn of the predictable plot.
- They found Chinese painting cliched and lacking vitality.
- Offering a slice of Bollywood craze to people here, she says teaching Bollywood dance is not just about passing on the cliched steps.