Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Meals together are crucial to the building of a close-knit and joyful community.
- You no longer have close-knit mining or ship-building communities.
- It was little wonder the advert quickened pulses among members of Edinburgh's close-knit financial community.
- Friends and work colleagues in the close-knit community of Wentworth have already been a huge comfort, he said.
- Both were well known in this close-knit community and deepest sympathy is extended to their families.
- We did not have a big, extended family or a close-knit community to draw on, and I have financed everything myself.
- We, like many others, want to spend a quiet and happy retirement in Lee, it is such a close-knit, safe community.
- For this close-knit, dependent community it was a painful and terrifying experience.
- It is a small community, a close-knit community and crimes of this nature are very, very rare.
- One of the school's strengths is its place at the centre of a close-knit village community.
- Anna has relatives scattered all over Italy and recreates the intimacy of a close-knit family life in her work.
- He also had a spell at Reading but only really felt happy when he was back in the bosom of his close-knit family and friends.
- There are only eight teaching staff, and about 20 people work here all together, so it is a close-knit team.
- We were a close-knit team that was fortunate enough to play together for several years.
- Her recollection of those early years was of a close-knit happy family that played games together.
- Brittany began the year by finding out which of her close-knit group of friends shared her classes.
- There have certainly been persistent rumours of a deep split between a close-knit group of young players and the older squad members.
- The charity is run by a friendly and close-knit team which aims to promote, protect and improve carers' services in Croydon.
- As humans, we must fit into a close-knit social system to succeed, yet our primary aim is still to look out for ourselves above all others.
- It would be difficult to find a more close-knit team than ours.
- The law enforcement community, like the armed forces, has always been very close-knit.