The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de nublado
adjetivo cloudier, cloudiest
1Meteorología(weather/day) nublado(sky) nublado(sky) nubosoit was warm, but cloudy — hacía calor pero estaba nublado / había nubes
- Interestingly, the cloudy sky and cool weather in the open ground of the school, where the event was held, added to its serenity.
- The weather forecast for Delhi and neighbouring areas foretells generally cloudy skies with rain and thunder showers and heavy showers in some areas.
- Further, the weather there is often foggy and skies are cloudy.
- The sky was cloudy and dull, but the forecast was not for rain.
- The September rain beat down on the roof incessantly, and the grey, cloudy skies made the whole situation depressing.
- I stared up at the dark cloudy skies trying to find the moon.
- His landscapes are equally melancholy, often painted under grey cloudy skies.
- Weather conditions were helpful, with some low temperatures and cloudy skies.
- The canal was misty, and the sky was cloudy, making it very dark.
- A cloudy sky makes it exceptionally dark out this morning.
- Since then we've had cloudy weather with brief showers every evening, making it virtually impossible to get first cutting hay out of the field.
- We sat on the riverbank and worked on our raft, occasionally getting splattered with rain from a half-hearted cloudy sky.
- They flew through the cloudy sky toward the much more populated part of the country.
- A cloudy sky or an occasional shower can make the task of small farmers without drying and storage facilities a nightmarish experience.
- The Meteorological Department has forecast partly cloudy sky with one or two spells of rain.
- Depending on the mood and intention of the photographer, a cloudy sky can be printed dark and moody or light and airy.
- In the slightly cloudy weather, students swarm around parade floats, helping put on finishing touches before our high school takes off on its annual homecoming parade.
- The skies were cloudy but that didn't matter I was going to see the sea…
- Cold and cloudy weather is forecast for the week ahead.
- By contrast, the extreme north, badly affected by snow last week, may escape with dry, cloudy weather.
2(liquid) turbio(glass) empañado(memory) poco claro
- For one thing, the once clear water was now cloudy and a murky purple shade.
- On the table in front of them is a skull in a jar of cloudy liquid.
- At this point, the cloudy liquid becomes clear and less viscous, and now resembles other liquids.
- I stared gloomily down at the gray lumps floating in the watery, cloudy liquid.
- If the water is cloudy after 30 minutes, repeat the procedure.
- Then strain the cloudy water from the rice - this removes most of the starch.
- If the water is too cloudy to see the label on the far side of a clear bottle, it needs to be filtered first.
- In it was some cloudy water he'd taken from a stream for his high school biology class.
- She thrust her brush into one of the glasses of cloudy water.
- He held a test-tube between me and the light, and I noted the cloudy or muddy liquid it contained.
- Scientists had noted that during a sting, scorpions expel a clear liquid followed by a cloudy one.
- The cloudy liquid is actually the spores of a fungus.
- Impetigo caused by staph bacteria is characterized by large blisters containing fluid that is first clear, then cloudy.
- She sipped a little of the cloudy liquid, grimacing at the flavor.
- Forcing herself to open her eyes, through the cloudy water she could see the surface, a pleasant sapphire glow, growing farther and farther away.
- Next, she dug through her father's cabinets until she found a glass bottle filled with a slightly cloudy transparent fluid.
- This Dutch cloudy wheat beer sings of quality: balanced, refreshing and topped off with flavours of cloves.
- They could eat roast beef, drink warm cloudy beer, recite Shakespearian love sonnets, and perhaps even do a bit of morris dancing.
- A cloudy, Belgian wheat beer that includes coriander and curaçao, it is incredibly refreshing.
- The beer was cloudy and warm, but it was serving its purpose, and already it had taken the edge off his thirst.
- Shame lingers rather longer, mainly as your mother can be left behind at home when you head back up to Dublin, but the vague cloudy memories of your behavior, sadly, cannot.
- Off and on through this time, odd figures passed before his bed, and he saw them with the same cloudy uncertainty as before.
- I was about 8 years old when we did this, so my memory is a bit cloudy… however, I'm sure he brought happiness to a lot of people.
- At last recollection, he had a fiancée, but her name resides in the cloudy memory.
- It had been so long since she had danced that her memory of it was cloudy, but her body hadn't forgotten.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!