The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
adjective clued up
1(person) bien informadoto be clued up about sth — estar muy al tanto de algo
- He had met a lot of girls but never one so clued-in and so switched-on.
- Believe me when I say that as little as three or four years ago, I was very clued-up about national and international news each day.
- She said she was a clued-up woman but had been spending too much time working on international relations.
- It's very cool: well-written, energising and clued-up.
- A very clued-up friend of mine had this thought.
- Most significantly, the audience for these spaces grows outside of the practitioner networks, attracting clued-up members of the wider artistic community.
- A poolside bar sells rather pricey refreshments but clued-up families were free to enjoy the packed lunches they had prepared before leaving their lodges.
- Today's clued-up celebrities are recording their views in intimate personal diaries and making them available, within hours, to the rest of us.
- Of course, with all of you being such clued-up, media-savvy people, you don't need me to tell you the huge significance of today's date.
- We rarely wake up before 4pm, so we're not too clued-up about breakfast television.
- They should be as clued-up about their current position as possible, know the kind of course they are aiming for and be prepared to sell themselves.
- ‘Give peace a chance’ is the theme to expect from clued-up advertisers in coming weeks.
- He is one of the smartest and most clued-up bloggers out there.
- I've dealt with a lot of helpdesk operators in my time, but never has first-level support been so clued-up and helpful.
- She comes across as clued-up and self aware, and in her work she is beginning to fulfil her immense potential as a musician and composer.
- The next generation is likely to be the most environmentally clued-up of all and I aim to make sure that my daughter is one of them.
- I haven't heard anything by her, but from what clued-in friends have told me it sounds like her music would be right up my street.
- This week, do whatever it takes to throw your clued-in companions off the scent.
- This movie is clearly put together by clever, clued-in people.
- Because so many have done part-time work in addition to work placement, they're very clued-in and have a far more in-depth knowledge of the work environment and work-related disciplines.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!