The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de golpetear
- The sound of desks clunking and the shuffling of feet against the linoleum, filled her ears, as she got her materials organized and finally went to the front of the class.
- He shook his head and almost expected to hear the sound of something clunking around.
- He waved the man off dismissively and we all watched as his car clunked and rattled its way out of the parking lot.
- The air conditioner was an old window rattler that continuously clunked, banged and leaked water everywhere.
- It evokes new millennium visions of robots clunking around in factories.
- She followed in her wake, and she could hear the sound of her boots clunking on the ground.
- I assume that the reason dentists - and, for all I know, brain surgeons - are clunking around in clogs is because they minimise the harm to their feet from standing up all day.
- I could often be found clunking around on the mountain bike, although always on a paved trail or street.
- While the computer whirred and clunked contentedly doing its defragmentation thing, I settled back in my chair, feet up on the desk, to listen to some Handel.
- She heard clunking sounds above her, as if someone were moving around in the hayloft.
- Mother came clunking up the stairs, and yelled, before she had to open the door.
- I received a call from a customer one day asking if his hard drive could be upgraded to a higher gig drive (his old one was clunking and making noise).
- Behind me, I heard footsteps, clunking against the black asphalt.
- Giving them a moment to embrace, he stepped forward toward them, steel boots clunking against the floor with great dramatic effect.
- A gentle drumbeat begins clunking out of the speakers, along with a simple, tinny, synthesized melody.
- And so they walked on, boots clunking on the hollow floor.
- The cover had slid closed after that, clunking down securely.
- I tried to slow my breathing as I listened to my mother's footsteps clunking up the stairs.
- It was so heavy, that when I tried to pick it up, it just clunked onto the ground and wouldn't budge.
- Her head clunked back against the post.
1golpetazo (metálico) masculino
- My heels' sound changed from the dull clunk of shoe on wood to the clipped sharpness of heel on marble.
- This method of tuning the pan is what gives it it's ringing quality as opposed to a dull clunk.
- The pilot walked in after the three clunks had sounded.
- Something landed with a dull clunk in front her.
- The sound of a clunk hit the door before he opened it and a guy with red hair hobbled in holding his skull.
- A plate sank to the bottom of the sink, where it made a dull clunk.
- Seconds later, I heard a dull clunk as he placed the firewood on the floor.
- Clunk clunk clunk went the footsteps overhead.
- There followed the sound of a chair falling over and a metallic clunk as an ash tray tumbled to the stone floor.
- He dumped it all on the floor with an assortment of thumps and clunks.
- I was skipping down the stairs into the subway as the doors on the train were beeping closed, but suddenly they stopped dead with a clunk, and opened again.
- The air around him slowly grew warmer, and he began to hear the heavy clunk and crunch of metal slabs grinding together.
- ‘People have opinions,’ he said, firmly punctuating his remark, bringing his beer mug down on the counter with a clunk.
- Until seconds before the reassuring clunk of the landing gear, only the aeroplane's shadow skimming across the murky water is visible immediately below.
- I got in and tried to start the truck, but all I got was a loud clunk from the starter.
- ‘It's him,’ she said crisply setting her bag down on the ground with a heavy clunk as the new binders connected with the ground through the fabric.
- It was silent for a long moment, except for the usual clunk of wagon wheels on the uneven street and the muffled shouts of men calling from their market stalls.
- Step inside: the doors have the clunk of a well-built car; the seats have lovely back rests.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!